Monday, May 14, 2012

The Party Starts In Dallas!!!

Hola Hola Hola!!!
     What is up everyone!?! So I survived my first week in Dallas!! Sorry I'm having to e-mail you from my yahoo account but myldsmail wouldn't let me sign in so I had to find some way to get hold of you guys! And I also just wanted to say it was so awesome to be able to call you guys yesterday and again Happy Mother's Day!!! Man it was so sweet to be able to talk to everyone and made me miss you guys so much!!! But don't worry I'll get right over it and get back to work! So about my first day here...I just remember walking down the terminal thinking "this is it!" and how I was taking the walk I had seen in so much Mormon media haha. When we finally landed in Dallas I remember walking out of the plane and feeling the humidity just hit me. I'm used to the Canyon Country and Provo dry heat where its like 105 outside...but in Texas the heat just comes inside you! It was really cool flying over Dallas and I just remember thinking "the field is white already to harvest!!!" After my first day of getting to know President Durant, we went tracting with some Missionaries in the area and I will never forget Elder Rodriguez and the look on his face when he would turn the lesson time over to me. We were able to run into a family that said we could teach them...well I actually have no idea if that's what they said but they let us come in and teach haha. It turned into a conversation with Elder Rodriguez and the investigators. My role was to look back and forth at each of them as they exchanged words. Then Elder Rodriguez would look at me with a smirk on his face, and I would try my best to take it from there haha. I would gather words here and there, and once I knew that I understood what that word meant they would aready be like a whole paragraph ahead of me. If you were to take MTC Spanish and take it to light-speed...you would hear what is now reffered to as in-field Spanish. The next day we were assigned our companions and areas. So I got to know my comp., Elder Lee (who is not Asian to my suprise) and he's got to be one of the best Bible bashers I know haha. He knows the Bible inside out, which comes in handy for all the Baptists and Lutherans and Evangelists, and Jehova's Witnesses...I could go on and on about all the religions we've encountered. Another thing about Dallas that I heard about but I had to see to know was how many churches there are here! It is absolutely crazy! A good safe estimate is probably about 5 every block. But this past week has been full of tracting, lightning storms, flash floods, Mexican food (finally!), slammed doors, crazy Baptists, marching with a Book of Mormon in our hands, confused Spanish converstations, so everything part of the missionary stereotype. Well I gotta go but I love you and miss you all so much!
Les Quiero Mucho! 
Elder Justin finally in Dallas Wilson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment