Monday, September 9, 2013

The Time When You're Sadly convinced that no...you don't have a year left....


Hey y'all sorry for the delay last week but I've got soooooo much stuff to update yall on so I think I'll just break it up into sections and let y'all fill in the details...
Amongst all the Redneck activity and Cane that is raised out here in Good ol East Texas, we were able to finally get a Redneck baptism and....please observe....Yes.....those are overalls. It was such an awesome service and I'm tellin you it just gets better and better and all sorts of people came from out in the sticks and from up in the hills to see this baptism! It's so crazy how everyone in a small town knows and is somehow related to each other haha but it was, as always, an awesome experience to see Chris & Debbie Pritchett finally take the step to baptism. We worked long and hard with them, and for those of you that know me, know how much I looooooveeeeeeee my sleep! But how good of a teacher you are depends on how good of an "inviter" you are, so in order to help them conquer their ever so frustrating Word Of Wisdom issues, we felt impressed to promise them that if they do their scripture study as a couple in the morning, that the cravings and addictions would be erased. As great as a promise is, it all boils down to what you're willing to do to help those you love "get the picture." So I made a deal with him that I would call him every morning and remind him to study when he rolls out of bed and before he gets ready for work. Oh I felt sooooo good haha and it was another one of those times where I think I just have the greatest ideas....until I find my foot in my mouth and learn that I'm going to be calling them every morning at 4:30 am. Was it a sacrifice for me?...duhhh. Was it a sacrifice for them?....yup. Did it make any differences?....you bet. Was it worth it?....D&C 18:16


East........Texas........FOOTBALL!!!!!
So due to the population of Gilmer (4095), and the large member presence (3 Wards), and the draw to the games (12,000 crowd stadium), we thought we thought we would spend our time watching a little High School Football! So after receiving President Durrant's blessing on our money idea, we were hooked up with some tickets like it wasn't nobodies business and so far we've been able to see our Buckeyes play Atlanta and Prestonwood! Since I haven't seen football for about 19 months now, I could give you the play by play breakdown of how the first half of every game went (since we've gotta be in by 9:30....bummer), and to give yall the watered down version...the only team that can beat Gilmer this year, is Gilmer. I had heard it so many times and was a doubter before, but I'm totally jumping on this bandwagon as we represent Gilmer and follow the missionary handbook and get "immersed in the culture!" The first two teams we've played have been so intense, but we ended up stomping on each one of them! The craziest one was how last week we played Prestonwood (the only expected loss of the year), who we lost to pretty soundly last year. They're a private Christian school that recruits and has about 4 all-american players along with the sons of a few NFL stars like Michael Irving. They scooped up a bunch of players from 5A powerhouse teams and were expecting to destroy us again...the small 3A school of Gilmer, but we killed them 66 to 32! Everyone gets way sucked into the game, but once halftime comes around, we get to go contact tons of people and sneak out the people that have been avoiding us haha because really....EVERYONE goes to these games!!! It's been so legit and our Stake President saw us there contacting everyone and people would ask us for Book Of Mormons and all that stuff, so he wants us to divide our weeks up between the Gilmer and Harmony games (Harmony is the other big school that a ton of members go to out here in Upshur county...but their GPA is a higher priority so good for them....) So as far as Texas High School Football goes along with everything you've heard about it.....it's the real deal. God, Family, and Football. Get Em BUX!!!

P.S. BYU cleaning up Texas' trash last Saturday spread like wildfire and President Austin would actually let me talk about football with him as he was so stoked to tell me that the white and blue dominated! Now us Mormons are hated even more and are regarded as a threat to the State of Texas


The Zone of Miracles!!!
Yall know I've been updating yall on how the Zone is doing, what Goals they've set, what goals they've accomplished, what miracles they've seen, the work they do, the effort they put in, the faith they have, the desire to serve, the souls they've brought unto Salvation....I really just can't get enough of them. Well I just wanted to let yall know that going to the Temple out here is not an easy thing, and due to a bunch of missionaries abusing their use of time and visiting the temple too often, we rarely get to go, and it's been almost a year since I last went. But due to all the work that the Zone has put in and the goals we've completed, President wants us to take a much envied trip to the Temple this Wednesday morning! And to anyone who's prayed for us and for our success, we all thank you because it's definitely working! After our Zone's temple trip, we're going to a Mission Conference between the Dallas and Fort Worth missions and will be held by Elder Andersen and Elder Callister.....so by this Wednesday I will have covered half of the whole Quorom of the Twelve in my mission....aint no better time to be a missionary!!!
Loving Life, Teaching 7 Lessons A Day, Drinking Deeply Out of Every Experience, Keeping The First Counselor of the Mission Presidency Out Teaching until 9:45(still have no idea how I got away with that one), Speaking Spanish, Loving Every Time I See The Holes In My Shoes, Baptizing, Learning, Dallas Road Trippin, Apostle Seein, BBQ Eatin, Tractor Drivin, Dream Livin,  and Just Wishing That Elder Tavo Didn't Point Out That I Passed My 18 Month Mark This Past Saturday,
Su Querido
Elder Wilson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment