Monday, November 5, 2012

WILSON!!!!!!!!!!

Well first off I want to give a shout out to Dad who is just about to get even older this Viernes. Sure love you and Happy Birthday! Well Fam I figured that I'd send a sort of small e-mail this week so that I can send y'all a bunch of pictures as I just figured out how to do it haha. This past week has been super awesome and we got to meet a ton of people and get a bunch of referrals at the Halloween Festival. I got to judge Chile which was way cool and the people out here didn't hold grudges against us after the judging, contrary to the results after Chile judging out in Oak Cliff on Pioneer day. For my costume...I decided that I should do something to get all of the members to remember my name, given that I'm a new Elder and all people remember about me is my Wyatt Earp comment that seemed to spread like wildfire. But I figured that I would be Wilson from "Cast Away", especially because there's white people in this Ward (the Mexicans in Oak Cliff didn't even know who Tom Hanks was so they didn't really get the comparison that I pulled from the movie...)
But sadly...volleyballs were apparently "out of season" (even though they sell every Hunting Weapon imaginable out here at all times of year, no matter what season it is haha), but I did get a basketball and cut through it for a mask and was able to wear it with a huge "WILSON" marked at my forehead haha. Most of the members got it and when the saw me would just yell "WILSON!!!!!", but when Elder Larson asked Bishop if he knew what I was, he thought I was just being a "Goofball"...we'll work on him a little more haha. But for trunk or treating, we were just about to head out to a family that we were teaching, but as we got to our car, all the kids came up to us and had their bags open...expecting something. So while everyone else gave them just a higher Dental Bill, we were able to spiritually strengthen them by bumping some Mo Tab and handing out cards or pamphlets. So for the rest of the night we saw a bunch of kids walking around trying to read "The Law of the Tithe and Fast Offerings" in Spanish. Oh yeah...and guess who we started teaching....Kenny Chesney. Well his name is Cory, but he looks close enough that I'll take it and we met him at the activity and took it from there so hopefully all goes well with him! Well I sure do miss everyone, especially at the start of this holiday season and I hope that all is going well with everyone...especially the Doughmans! I can't help but say that y'all sure picked a choice time to go live in Manhattan I sure hope everyone's safe and invite you over here to Texas! It's what all of Louisiana did during Hurricane Katrina so we're expecting a crowd to come down here for sometime! Love y'all and Happy Birthday Dad!
Elder Justin Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment