Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patricks Day???

*(Justin's reference below is from the little "half-way" package we sent him. Each of us contributed. Joe's contribution was half a roll of toilet paper). 

I'm not going to lie it was pretty funny yesterday while Elder Stead and I got matching St. Patrick's day ties, leprechaun hats and all that jazz along with the sister's matching their fully green outfits, and we show up at church seeing that not a soul was wearing green. It was odd having grown up in an Irish-Holiday embracing family, and it seemed like all the hispanics we're avoiding what I found out to be a totally white people holiday, but I guess I have that much more to look forward to cinco de Mayo! This week has had absolutely beautiful weather and made me feel like I was back home in the sunny 80 degree days watching Audi R8's roam the streets right next to the Ferrari and Maserati dealerships, but the work is going very well here. There's a family that we're working with and hoping to get them all baptized on the 30th of March and another person we met from Honduras that is super prepared that we're looking to baptize along with her Daughter in April. It was kind of a bummer because some of the families we were going to baptize got lost in our plans, but will still receive the blessings of the gospel. For example, the Laffe family we were going to baptize is getting a big job transfer out to Florida, and they already have contact with the missionaries and ward out there, so they'll still become members along with their Mother, but it's just a bummer that they left our area, along with a few other people. So I guess I should have been more specific in my prayers as to "where" and not "when" I wanted these people baptized, but we're still seeing miracles and loving the area that is growing more rapidly than it had before so I truly can't complain, especially after my favorite dinner appointment where my three year old homie started hand feeding me my food because she thought I was eating too slow haha! It's crazy to think that all my friends will be entering or leaving the mission field in just a couple weeks and how many people are still turning in their papers. Thanks to everyone who is preparing to leave because your service is most definitely needed out here! *I also wanted to say thanks for all the year mark stuff haha. Dad's made me think of one of my favorite quotes that I've heard out here that says..."the mission is like a roll of toilet paper...the less you have the faster it goes!" Love yall and hope life is just fantastic!
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment